With growing importance of private sector companies over the last 15 years, Indian economy has made a significant progress. The recent growth indices indicate that private sector is growing with 7.7 percent now contributing one fourth to the country’s GDP. India’s impressive growth with vibrant Corporate Sectors alongwith their unprecedented interest and investments towards social concerns is giving rise to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities. The practice of CSR is not a new mandate to companies. In fact, some companies have already textured CSR in their value system long back. With a quest for equitable, inclusive and sustainable growth, the Corporate sectors in India are now joining forces with grassroots partners for effective deployment of resources to bring about social change.
IIRD serves as an institutional link between the corporate sectors and the community. It helps & supports partner companies in creating customized strategies for CSR initiatives aligned with the companies’ values, expertise, long term vision and goals and effectively implement for long-lasting effect on community. IIRD’s CSR values are deep rooted in its institutional backbone. With vast engagements with companies for philanthropy, IIRD envisages:
- Treating CSR contribution as significant to carry forward the social concern & ethos of the industry
- Fair & Transparent Dealing in Transactions, Operations & Reporting
- Addressing the Industry motive & actual needs of the community / agency
- Branding the Developmental Initiative with the name of the Industry
- Sustainability & Long-lasting Association